Scented candles never fail to add instant atmosphere and aroma to make you feel good, whether you are looking for an uplifting pick me up or scent to encourage you to take time out and relax. Simply inhaling beautiful fragrance can have an incredible effect on your mood.
Here are some other quick and easy ways to help add feel good fragrance to your home.
1. Create your own quick and easy room/linen spray by blending a couple of drops of your favourite essential oils with distilled water and a pinch of salt. Decant into a spray bottle and voila!! I love blending lavender essential oil with sweet orange for a relaxing blend or you could try bergamot and rosemary. Black Pepper oil is fantastic for stimulating and encouraging alertness. Peppermint and Eucalyptus oils are great oils for neutralising and freshening the air.
2. Add 1-9 drops of your favourite essential oils into a bowl full of boiling water and allow the fragrance to fill the air. This is particularly great in a kitchen or bathroom.
3. Make your own relaxing bath salts by blending 1/2 cup epsom salts, 1/2 cup sea salt, 1/2 cup of bicarbonate of soda, sprinkle of dried lavender/dried rose petals along with 10-15 drops of your favourite essential oil blend.
4. Fill a vase with Eucalyptus from the florist. I buy a bunch of this before every market and display on my table. Not only does it look amazing, the smell is wonderful and you can easily air dry to preserve and continue to enjoy the aromas for months.
5. Add fragrant herbs to your kitchen window sill, Basil, Wild Mint and Rosemary all smell and taste amazing!
Have fun and I'd love to hear your own ideas.